...designing opulent experiences, especially for you!
Home • ContactSite Map

Passport Cards


Passport card applications are currently being accepted U.S. Passport Cardin anticipation of land border travel document requirements.  Based on current projections, we expect to begin production of the passport card in June, and be in full production in July.  We will provide additional updates as available.
The passport card will facilitate entry and expedite document processing at U.S. land and sea ports-of-entry when arriving from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.  The card may not be used to travel by air.  It will otherwise carry the rights and privileges of the U.S. passport book and will be adjudicated to the exact same standards.

Note: A previous passport book holder, eligible to use Form DS-82, may apply for a passport card as a Renewal.  First time applicants for a U.S. Passport, and those not eligible to use the DS-82, should apply for a passport card using Form DS-11.

The Department of State is issuing this passport card in response to the needs of border resident communities for a less expensive and more portable alternative to the traditional passport book.  The card will have the same validity period as a passport book: 10 years for an adult, five for children 15 and younger.  Adults who already have a fully valid passport book may apply for the card as a passport renewal and pay only $20.  First-time applicants will pay $45 for adult cards and $35 for children.   

To facilitate the frequent travel of U.S. citizens living in border communities and to meet DHS’s operational needs at land borders, the passport card will contain a vicinity-read radio frequency identification (RFID) chip.  This chip will point to a stored record in secure government databases. There will be no personal information written to the RFID chip itself.



If you do not currently hold a valid U.S. passport book, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you obtain one as soon as possible.  It is also suggested that your emergency contact (not traveling with you) have a valid passport book as well, should they need to travel to assist you for any reason. Below find the links for completing the U.S. passport applications.  Please only complete the one application that applies to you.

You must apply in person for a passport book or card if: 1) You are applying for a U.S. passport for the first time; or 2)Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged; or 3) Your previous U.S. passport has expired and was issued more than 15 years ago; or 4) Your previous passport has expired and it was issued when you were under the age of 16; or 5) Your name has changed since your passport was issued and you do not have a legal document formally changing your name.  (Note:  All persons must have their own passport, including infants.)  To apply for a passport in person, you must complete and print one-sided pages (DO NOT SIGN) of form DS-11 (simply click the button to complete the form), gather proof of U.S. Citizenship (previous U.S. passport or certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state) and head to your nearest Walgreen's to take passport photos.  Take this completed form, along with your proof of citizenship and two passport photos, to your nearest U.S. Post Office or Passport Office where you will be required to prove your identity (with a previous U.S. passport, current & valid Driver's License, current & valid government ID or current & valid military ID), sign the form in person and pay the fee of $97 (via credit card, debit card, personal check or money order).  Passports can take 4-6 weeks to be received.   Form DS-11

You may apply for your passport book or card by  mail if:  1) You have and are able to submit your most recent passport document; AND 2) You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued; AND 3) You were issued your most recent passport in the last 15 years; AND 4) You use the same name as printed on your most recent passport or, since your passport was issued, you have had your named changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect your name-change.  If ALL of these items are NOT true, you CANNOT use form DS-82 (you must use form DS-11).    To apply for a passport by mail, please complete (simply click the button to complete form DS-82), print (one-sided pages), SIGN and send/submit both completed pages,  your most recent passport, a marriage certificate or court order (if your name has changed), the fee of $67 (via personal check or money order payable to "U.S. Department of State".  The full name and date of birth of the applicant must be typed or printed on the front of the remittance.) and two recent passport photos.   The mailing address will print on the form.  Passports can take 4-6 weeks to be received.   Form DS-82



Home    Site Map    Contact Us    FAQ

Designs by Strawberry, Inc.® ©1999-2009 ~ All rights reserved | Licensed and Bonded

          ASTA Premium logo